The head of a company survived 9/11 because
His son started kindergarten.
Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts.
One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn’t go off in time.
One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.
One of them
Missed his bus.
One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.
Car wouldn’t start.
Get a taxi.
The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work but before.
He got there, he developed a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today..
Now when I am
Stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone…
All the little things that annoy me,
I think to myself,
This is exactly where
I’m meant to be
At this very moment
hi Sharee! I have a job interview next week to hopefully get a job after graduation this May, and I'm super nervous. Do you have any tips? — Anonymous
Do some practice interviews with your friends or family and have them ask you questions so you can practice organizing your answers and thoughts.
Practice answering in the mirror.
Make sure you dress the part. When you dress successful (or to fit the part of where you’re applying) it will help you get in the mindset better.
Have questions prepared for them when they ask: what separates your best employees from your good employees?
Ask what their work philosophy or company philosophy is. This will show your genuine interest in the company.
Bring your resume just in case they don’t have a copy on hand you can hand them a new copy. Bring a pen and notepad. just in case! You never know!
Everyone talks about loving them-self and how great it is and that's where I want to be in life but I don't understand how to get there. I just feel lost. — Anonymous
Let me let you in on a secret: everyone struggles with loving themselves at times. You could be the most body-confident, self-confident person in existence and occasionally you will have those moments of ‘ugh I wish I could change ‘x’ about myself.’ We all have a tendency to be terribly hard on ourselves, when we should be our own biggest fans.
To love yourself you need to do a few things:
- Start acting like it. Yes, act like you are the human embodiment of perfection. You are perfection, you are the best version of you in the entire world and that is damn cool and something to celebrate. I don’t care if you have to fake it until you make it. Hold your head high wherever you go, compliment yourself, and the true confidence is going to come in time.
- Stop comparing yourself. Comparison is the thief of joy after all. Why compare yourself? That’s draining and a complete and utter waste of time. Stop scrolling through Instagram wishing you looked like some other girl because for all you know, she could be doing the same thing with your photos. Remember that you see everyone else’s highlight reel and the behind the scenes footage of your own life. Everyone has their own struggles, they just don’t always project them to the world. Stop wishing to be someone else or trying to be thinner, prettier, whatever…you are you and embrace that.
- Think about pizza. Some people like their pizza circular, some in triangles, some love it with loads of cheese, some prefer skimpy cheese, some smothered with sauce, some without much sauce, some with heaps and heaps of toppings, some plain cheese, some hot, some cold, some in the middle of the night, some while out with friends…but pretty much everyone loves pizza. You are unique and could be someone’s ideal slice of pizza. That’s cool.
- Do things you are passionate about. Who has time to sit about and dwell on things they’d like to change about themselves when there’s so much to do? Go learn a language, bake some cookies for your best friend to brighten her day, make a mixtape to suit your mood and sing it into a hairbrush, go to the library and sit about all day and drink pots of coffee, climb a mountain, go outside and look at the stars, volunteer and help those who may be having a rough time of it. Go chase all of your dreams and never let anyone tell you that you can’t. Passion is exciting.
- Be there for yourself. People come and go and at the end of the day, you are going to be the one who is there through the heartbreak, shit times, rough patches, and anything else that life throws at you. You are also going to celebrate absolutely wonderful times, but you have to go through the rough ones to fully appreciate them. You are a constant in your life, don’t spend time at war with yourself.
- Embrace your inner weirdo. We are all a bit weird. If you like Ninja Turtles and dancing in a onesie while singing random pop music, do your thing. No one should tell you how to live your life. People who are unapologetically themselves are enticing. Accepting your inner weirdo and letting it show is freeing.
Everyone struggles with this babe, you can only accept yourself, be yourself completely, and do the best you can do. It gets easier in time. I know you are absolutely incredible, believe it yourself x
"Rarely does an empathic response begin with ‘at least’".